Born and raised in the fishing village of Anse La Raye in Saint Lucia, Cleus Charles began his hospitality career as a waiter at Ti Kaye Resort & Spa. His love for the service industry set the course to becoming a specialist in his field of interest. After six years with the resort Cleus became the first qualified sommelier possessing extensive knowledge of wines & spirits, their origin and food and wine pairings.
Today, he heads the wine tasting events in the Ti Kave Wine Cellar, an spectacular feature of the award winning Tai Manje restaurant (Wine Spectator Award 2013 & 2014).
Renowned for being the largest wine cellar in Saint Lucia, Cleus has been an integral part of comprising an impressive wine collection of some 600+ bins feature 3000 bottles of wines from around the world.
While there are many incredible wines to sample at the Kai Manje Restaurant, here are some of Cleus’ favourite vintages:
- CHÂTEAU COS-D’ETOURNEL (Saint-Estéphe 2004)
- CHÂTEAU LAFON-ROCHET (Saint-Estѐphe 1996)
- GIACOMA BORGOGNO & FIGLI (Barolo Riserva 1997)
- CARPINETO Cabernet (Sauvignon Farnito 1995)
- HALL (Cabernet Sauvignon 2010)
- BODEGAS MUGA (Rioja Reserva Selección Especial DOC 2005)
- LUCE DELLA VITE (Lucente 2008)
- CLOUDY BAY (Pinot Noir 2009)
- LEMELSON (Pinot Noir Thea’s Selection 2008)